Other, Museums / Culture, First Time Visitor, City
Kid Friendly: Yes.
Transportation by private car makes it possible to be flexible with driving-walking proportions. Staying more in the car and taking short walking parts on flat surfaces can make it possible to fit the needs of gentle walkers or wheelchair.
However it is possible to take longer walks in many of the charming pedestrian and shopping areas of the city.
Maximum travelers: 3
English (fluent), Hungarian (fluent)
Budapest Hungary private tour guide city tour with driver by car
The core essentials and the greatest hits in an exciting 3 hour long city tour including the most amazing sights of the Hungarian capital.
It's a perfect choice to get a basic understanding and orintation to begin with. In 3 hours you'll see the essence and get a deeper understanding of Hungarian history, culture and everyday life.
In this tour you will get suggestions about what to do later during your stay in Budapest.
Ask for available dates if you can't find in the calendar!
- Gellert Hill: view of the city, the Citadel fortress, Statue of Liberty STOP
- Castle district: the former Royal Palace, Matyas Church, Fishermen's bastion STOP
- Danube banks, promenades and beautiful bridges (Chain Bridge, Margaret, Elisabeth and Liberty br. ), the Funicular
- downtown area
- Parliament building and square STOP
- Andrassy Avenue: Unesco World heritage 19th century palaces and the Opera House
- Heroes' Square and the City Park: the Zoo, Széchenyi Thermal bath and Vajdahunad castle
- St. Stephen's Basilica
- Dohany Street Synagogue and the Jewish district
Anything else? Or shall we drop something from the list? Just let me know!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or other place of your choice.
End location: At your hotel or other place of your choice.
Duration: 3 hours
Traffic can be heavy on weekdays and random occasions which can effect the tour.
Private car (BMW 520i) and
Walking - as much as is convenient for you
If you have a group of more than 3 people (4-50), I can arrange a minivan or a motorcoach for you. Please email me in this case for details and fees!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10000 HUF - 10000 HUF is $40. You may want to grab some snacks or buy souvenirs so a little cash can be useful but not a must have for the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Balint is a terrific guy and expertly gave our group a wonderful introduction to Budapest! Don't hesitate to select him!