A 7 hour comprehensive guided tour of Bucharest's must-see places
Is this your first time in Bucharest? Then this is the ideal tour for you!
Discover the city's intricate past and vibrant present through its most significant sights and monuments. You will have your local guide with you to give you a thoroughly researched historical & cultural context and answer (hopefully) all your questions.
On this 'best of Bucharest' tour you will:
- get a comprehensive view of the capital city of Romania
- visit some of Romania's iconic buildings and sights
- get a taste of the local culture and plenty of occasions to buy souvenirs
- enjoy a low-paced custom-made tour with plenty of time for you to savor the city's atmosphere, share stories and discuss in detail
The tour is by all means flexible and can be tailored to your particular needs or interests. It can also be easily adapted for larger groups.
Drop me a line and I will get back to you in no time with a tour custom-made just for you.
We will visit all the relevant sights such as:
* the House of the People - nowadays the Palace of the Romanian Parliament and also home to the National Museum of Contemporary Art
* the Old Town where Bucharest first grew as a metropolis starting the 15th century
* the University Square with its delightful architecture mix and great historical significance
* the Revolution Square where the 1989 anticommunist demonstrations in Bucharest started
* the former Royal Palace, nowadays home to the National Museum of Art and its remarkable collections of medieval and modern Romanian art
* the Village Museum, where you can admire genuine popular architecture from different ethnografical regions of Romania
Depending on your personal preferences as well as objective conditions (traffic, museum schedules or weather) the tour's itinerary will unfold either South to North or vice versa.
Additionally to the list above we can decide on the itinerary together so that it best suits your personal interests.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or any other convenient location in town.
End location: The driver and I can drop you off at your hotel or any other convenient location in town.
Duration: 7 hours
This is a full day tour that can last anywhere between 6 and 8 hours.
You will set the pace of our tour so the duration will vary accordingly. Also it might be affected by weather and traffic conditions.
This is a sightseeing and walking tour.
Transportation from one sight of interest to the next will be done with a private air conditioned car driven by a professional driver.
All transportation costs (professional driver, parking fees, fuel)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
140 RON - 35 EUR/person should cover for a meal at a local restaurant plus the admission fees to the Palace of Parliament (35 RON) and the Village Museum (15 RON).
Entry & photo fees (where applicable) to museums
Any food and drink of your choice
I do not drive but I collaborate with a professional driver.
The Palace of Parliament has its own guides for the interior visits.