A comprehensive guided tour of Bucharest's must-see places
Is this your first time in Bucharest? Then this is the ideal tour for you!
Discover the city's intricate past and vibrant present through its most significant sights and monuments. You will have your local guide with you to give you a thoroughly researched historical & cultural context and answer (hopefully) all your questions.
On this 'best of Bucharest' tour you will:
- get a comprehensive view of the capital city of Romania
- visit some of Romania's iconic buildings and sights
- get a taste of the local culture and plenty of occasions to buy souvenirs
- enjoy a low-paced custom-made tour with plenty of time for you to savor the city's atmosphere, share stories and discuss in detail
The tour is by all means flexible and can be tailored to your particular needs or interests. It can also be easily adapted for larger groups.
Drop me a line and I will get back to you in no time with a tour custom-made just for you.
We will visit all the relevant sights such as:
* the House of the People - nowadays the Palace of the Romanian Parliament and also home to the National Museum of Contemporary Art
* the Old Town where Bucharest first grew as a metropolis starting the 15th century
* the University Square with its delightful architecture mix and great historical significance
* the Revolution Square where the 1989 anticommunist demonstrations in Bucharest started
* the former Royal Palace, nowadays home to the National Museum of Art
*the Romanian Athenaeum inaugurated in 1888
* the Village Museum, where you can admire genuine popular architecture from different ethnographic regions of Romania
Depending on your personal preferences and objective conditions (traffic, museum schedules, weather) the tour's itinerary will unfold either South to North or vice versa.
Additionally to the list above we can decide on the itinerary together so that it best suits your personal interests.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or any other convenient location in town.
End location: The driver and I can drop you off at your hotel or any other convenient location in town.
Duration: 7 hours
This is a full day tour that can last anywhere between 6 and 8 hours.
You will set the pace of our tour so the duration will vary accordingly. Also it might be affected by weather and traffic conditions.
This is a sightseeing and walking tour.
Transportation from one sight of interest to the next will be done with a private air conditioned car driven by a professional driver.
All transportation costs (professional driver, parking fees, fuel)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
180 RON - 38 EUR/person should cover for a meal at a local restaurant plus the admission fees to the Palace of Parliament (40 RON), the Romanian Athenaeum (10 RON) and the Village Museum (15 RON).
Entry & photo fees (where applicable) to museums
Any food and drink of your choice
I do not drive but I collaborate with a professional driver.
The Palace of Parliament & the Ceausescu Mansion have their own guides for the interior visits.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Silvana is a terrific guide. She is knowledgeable, energetic, and is a great conversationalist. We explored Bucharest with her for two days, learned a lot, and had a marvelous time. She was very willing to share her life and experiences with us. I highly recommend Silvana for any tour in Bucharest. Thank you Silvana!