Discover the 1001 windows city with a local guide!
We are going to visit a city that has gone through 2500 years of history and different names that nowadays is called Berat. Proclaimed as a ''Museum City'' Berat is protected by UNESCO World Heritages since 2008. The old town consist on two quarters Mangalem and Gorica and has a special Ottoman architecture that dates from XVIII century. But that's not all.
The city has it's own castle build in the XIII century and is one of the biggest in Albania. This castle is one of the few that is full of life because the locals are still living inside it, in their own private houses build centuries ago. That is a whole neighborhood called ''the castle''. Walking through it give you the feel that you're experiencing the medieval times.
I can customize this tour according to your request.
Pick up from the port.
- Drive to Berat (approx 1. 5h)
- First stop at the castle where we will visit the Museum of medieval art of Onufri which is build inside an old church, the ruins of White mosque, water cistern for the old city, the Panorama point where you will have a breathtaking view of the Osumi river and Gorica quarter located next to it.
- We will drive from to the old town where we will start walking the cobblestone streets of Mangalem and Gorica quarters and visit the Gorica stone brigde which has been connecting these two quarters for many centuries.
- Lunch break on a traditional restaurant (optional)
- Drive back to Durres (approx 1. 5h). Quick stop on the way back (10 min) to check out a typical albanian bunker build during the communist era.
- End of tour.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 7 hours
Private rented car.
In case of bigger groups i can arrange a larger vehicle with driver.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3500 Lekë - For food, drinks and souvenirs.
3500 lekë are 30 approximately USD
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks