Avoid the crowds from your ship and enjoy a private tour of vibrant Serbian capital (by minivan & foot)
Welcome to Belgrade!
This private tour is an excellent choice for the people who wish to have private and in-depth introduction to vibrant capital of Serbia in a company of an experienced guide.
It has 3 major stages:
First one is the walking part during which we visit Belgrade's historic nucleus - ancient site of the Belgrade Fortress. Then we proceed to the heartbeat of the city: pedestrian zone of Prince Michael Street and the Republic Square.
Over there we enjoy a 45 min. break for refreshment, photos and free time, with an opportunity to sense Belgrade's friendly atmosphere.
In the third stage we'll go for a panoramic drive that will cover major city areas and many of its highlights and landmarks. A visit to famous St. Sava Temple is one of them.
Tour usually starts and ends at Sava Port - Belgrade Passenger Terminal, next to your cruiser ship. Optionally it can terminate elsewhere, according to your plans.
This is an optimal, high quality, half day trip. Customization is possible upon request.
* Belgrade Fortress and Kalemegdan Park with superb views of the confluence of Sava and Danube rivers, New Belgrade and Zemun (VISIT)
* Prince Michael (Knez Mihajlova) pedestrian street
* Republic Square
* Terazije with famous "Moskva" hotel
* Nikola Pasic Square with National Assembly and Belgrade City Hall
* Kneza Milosa Street (with some scars from the recent conflicts still visible)
* luxurious residential quarter of Dedinje
* Marshall Tito Memorial
* St Sava Memorial Church, one of the largest religious objects in the whole world (VISIT)
* Slavija roundabout and King Milan Street with Yugoslav Drama Theatre and the building of 'The Presidency'
* Belgrade Cathedral
* Princess Ljubica's Residence
* Question mark (?) restaurant from year 1823
* The Patriarchate - Seat of the Serbian Orthodox Church
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the cruise ship terminal.
End location: I will drop you off at the cruise ship terminal.
Optionally, you can be dropped off at some other desired location within the city center.
My recommendation would be the Republic Square, place just minutes away from many city attractions, one of them being famous 'Skadarlija' bohemian quarter with excellent restaurants.
In case you'd wish to stay in the city center after the tour, information about how to find your way back to the ship terminal will be provided.
Duration: 4 hours
Duration of the tour can be slightly affected by traffic.
We will have a chauffeur-driven air-conditioned minivan at our disposal. During the walking part of the tour, we'll be finding places to sit in different sites, so we can get some rest while I'm explaing the history and facts of the place where we are at.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 Serbian Dinar (RSD) - This amount is an equal to approximately 20 USD and is sufficient for purchasing refreshment drinks for up to 6 people during the break/free time in the city center. On the other hand, payment by credit card is widely accepted, even for small amounts, and therefore having cash in local currency is not a must.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Srdjan provided us with an excellent tour of Belgrade. His English is excellent and the vehicle he provided was clean, spacious and modern. He is very knowledgeable concerning his city and provided us with information about it in a very interesting manner. He also assisted in pushing my wife's wheelchair up steep inclines, which was certainly a help to me. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with him.