Pleasant walk in the historic nucleus of the city (3 hours)
One of the best sentences I've found about Belgrade - the 'White City' is that it is an 'unusual mosaic made by centuries of overlapping civilisations'.
In this pleasant walk in the heart of the city, we will travel back and forth through time, discovering this 'museum in the open', beautiful mosaic, done by various, often antagonistic civilizations.
We will spend some time in the oldest street in the city, today a pedestrian area, and experience its vibrant and unique atmosphere.
During the walk we'll see many of the city's highlights.
KALEMEGDAN PARK AND BELGRADE FORTRESS:
- Stambol Gate
- Open air exhibition of the Military Museum
- Clock Gate
- Upper town of Belgrade Medieval City with King's Tower and Zindan Gate
- Rose Church of Our Lady
- Splendid views of the confluence of Sava and Danube rivers
- Victor Monument
- French and Austrian Embassies
- Patriarchate - the Seat of the Serbian Orthodox Church
- Belgrade Cathedral
- Princess Ljubica's Residence
- Famous '?' Inn, with peculiar name (yes, question mark is the name) and two centuries of existence.
- National Bank of Serbia
- Stroll down the pedestrian Knez Mihajlova street which is the oldest street in Belgrade
- Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts building
- Republic Square with National Theater and National Museum
- Monument to Prince Michael (Knez Mihajlo)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The tour starts at the entrance to Kalemegdan park and Belgrade Fortress, in front of the Belgrade City Library (address: 56, Knez Mihajlova st.) which is the last building in Knez Mihajlova pedestrian street before entering the park, and is very easy to find.
End location: At the Republic Square from where many city attractions as well as the famous 'Skadarlija' bohemian quarter are just minutes away.
Tours are conducted rain or shine.
Duration: 3 hours
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
A knowledgeable individual who wants to please his clients, is pleasant and enjoys working with you to insure you are completely satisfied with the experience.