After Dark, City, Local Experience, Other
Kid Friendly: No.
Maximum travelers: 10
Spanish (conversational), Ukrainian (fluent), Russian (fluent), English (fluent), Polish (conversational), German (fluent)
Learn everything about the Fab Four's first steps towards success
The Beatles Tour will introduce you to the first steps of the Fab Four's career, which they spent jamming and having fun in the city of Hamburg.
In the late 1950s, Hamburg was recovering from the war and transforming itself into Germany's capital of entertainment, vice and music.
The Reeperbahn, Hamburg's 'most sinful mile', has become a stage for many aspiring musicians, including The Beatles. Legendary venues, such as the Star Club, Kaiserkeller or Indra, have later hosted numerous other giants of rock music, and the vibe of rock-n-roll and freedom is still there today.
The street itself, called 'Grosse Freiheit' (it means 'Big Freedom' - can you pick a better name for a place to start your rock-n-roll career at?) has become the rock and lust hotspot of Hamburg, which it still remains today.
- See Grosse Freiheit - Hamburg's 'Big Freedom', the street of lust, music and fun.
- Visit some of the most authentic Hamburg bar, hardly changed since 1960.
- Take a look at the Beatles-Platz with a monument to the legendary band.
- Stop by Indra, Kaiserkeller and Star-Club - the venues where The Beatles' career has started and see many other places from the band's life in Hamburg
- Listen to the story of The Beatles' first steps in their mind-blowing career
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can meet you at your hotel, cruise terminal, train station or at any other location convenient for you.
End location: The tour can either finish at the same place where it starts, or at any other location.
Duration: 2 hours
It's a walking tour. Alternatively, a car can be booked at an extra cost.
2 hour walking tour of the Beatles-related locations in Hamburg
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 Euro - Snacks and drinks, other small personal expenses
Drink and food
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.