Museums / Culture, Local Experience, Food and Wine, Day Trip / Out of Town
Kid Friendly: No.
Maximum travelers: 5
English (fluent), French (fluent), German (conversational), Italian (fluent), Spanish (conversational)
A dip in the Middle Ages with a taste of "grappa"
This tour is a real opportunity of visiting charming medieval towns and being immersed in their magical atmosphere.
Bassano is a treasure chest, colourful and lively with its handicrafts shops and unique bistro where to taste its typical spirit, the grappa. Marostica is a gem, fully circled by its entire and well-preserved walls. And finally Thiene, with its elegant old city centre and the castle, a precious ancestor of Venetian villas.
A very special tour through memorable chess games, duels between valiant knights and romantic walks in the shadow of the castles.
The tour goes to:
- Bassano del Grappa: enchanting town built on the shores of the impetuous Brenta river that has carved its nature and appearance. A stop on the famous Old bridge of the Alpini, the shooters of the Alps during the First and Second World Wars, and sipping some of the virtuous aqua Vitis, "grappa"
- Marostica: famous for its game of chess using live pieces, we'll visit its streets full of history and mystery and the square showing the big chess board.
- Thiene: the elegant city center is dominated by the prominent castle Porto Colleoni, a remarkable aristocratic home with tower-like corners, and merlonated roof edges. The interior has frescoes by Paolo Veronese's best pupil.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel in Vicenza or surroundings, or at the railway station. Any other location is possible on request.
End location: To your hotel in Vicenza or surroundings, or at the railway station. Any different location is possible on request.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
A private car with driver (Mercedes Viano or a similar one).
- Transportation and full-day guiding and assistance
- Grappa tasting in Bassano
- Entrance fee at 1 museum in Marostica OR in Thiene.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 EUR - Bassano is full of handicraft shops: ceramics, typical food and grappa. They may be nice souvenirs and interesting workmanship.
Lunch and personal expenses.
I'm not a professional driver: I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.