I was born and raised in this city and my love for this place, washed by the Mediterranean sea, its old stones, culture and architecture, has brought me to my true passion: showing you the city and its surroundings.
As a licensed tour guide, specialized in History, Art and Architecture, I have access to all monuments, including UNESCO World Heritage Sites and the work of Antoni Gaudi, such as the Sagrada Familia or Park Güell. In almost all cases, you'll skip the lines with me.
I am always very flexible and my tours are adapted to shore excursions as well and focus primarily in private tours.
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy (History) of Art and another Bachelor in Information Science (journalism and marketing) and an MBA (Master in Business Administration). I studied in Barcelona, Japan and in the USA, specifically Washington D. C.
It will be a pleasure to show you Barcelona, its Ramblas, Gothic Quarter, Gaudí. . . and its surroundings, Girona, Dali, Tarragona, Sitges, Costa Brava, Pyrenees. . . In other words: the best of Catalonia, Andorra and Spain! Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me in order to customize my tours posted in ToursByLocals to your needs.
Enjoy your tour in the hands of an expert licensed guide that is passionate about his profession! I am looking forward to Meeting you!
A Recent Review of this guide
Mark was amazing. His depth and breadth of knowledge on not only Gaudi's works but general history and art/architecture was incredible. He kept the tour interesting and entertaining, and his English was impeccable. We highly recommend booking this tour.
I have been working as a Tour Guide for nearly 14 years.
Here are some of my credentials:
* M.B.A., Master In Business Administration, GWU (Washington D.C.) & UPC (Barcelona)
* Autunomous University of Barcelona, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), P.h.D. ABD in Philosophy of Art, currently ABD, pending thesis
* B.A. in Arts, Philosophy, Autunomous University of Barcelona; specialized in Philosophy of Art
* B. A. in Information Science, A.
University of Barcelona.
* Sommelier studies: INCAVI (2000) and currently Level 2 sommelier at Wine Education Trust based in London, WSET
* Member of AGUICAT (Association of Licensed Guides in Barcelona)
* Member of AELC, Writers in Catalan Language
Any tour can be enhanced with private transport and other services. Flexibility is always a must as an official licensed guide. Just ask!