Since I started studying, I knew I wanted to be a Tour Guide. I love culture and art and after so long I still enjoy doing what I do. I feel very lucky to do the job I like. It's more than a job, it's a way of life.
I am a passionate of travelling. I've lived in France, Italy, and United States, and for a while I was a Tour Director for travel companies and I've travelled to many places around the world. I travel whenever I have an occasion!
I have a Degree in Tourism and a Postgraduate Degree in Cultural Tourism. At this moment I am also studying the Degree of Humanities at the University. I try to continuously join programs to learn more about our history, art and culture.
I love to be in contact with people from abroad and show them Barcelona through walking tours in the Gothic Quarter and its hidden spots, by making them discover its gastronomy and wines, the art of Picasso, Gaudí and so many artists that had left their footprint here. I also give tours to the F. C. Barcelona Stadium. Barcelona is an spectacular place! Other tours will be in other places in Catalonia: Girona, Dalí Museum, Sitges or Costa Brava.
I mainly give my tours in English and French, but also in Italian, Spanish or Catalan, my mother language.
I can adapt the tours to your needs and if there is something you don't see in the detailed tours here described, ask me, the tour will always be a tailored made tour for you, your family or friends. Tours will be always private.
Only Licensed Guides like me, can give explanations inside museums or monuments, and we are allowed to skip Museum entrance lines. We will not waste time in that!
Contact me, and I will help in anything to make the most of your time in Barcelona! This city is a wonderful place and I invite you to discover it with me!
See you soon!
A Recent Review of this guide
We wre extremely happy with the Picasso oriented tour that Laura provided for us. She is very knowkegeable about the art culture in Barcelona in general (including some hidden contmpirary treasures) and Pucasso in particular. After providing us with a physical orientation to Picasso's life in Barcelona including a stop for expresso in a cafe where he hung out we proceeded to the Picasso Museum where she provided a very interesting curation of the collection. Laura was very pleasant, punctual, and engaging
Jane Howard Martin
Licensed Catalonia Tour Guide #1747 for 18 years
* Degree in Tourism (CETT, University of Barcelona)
* Post Graduate in Cultural Tourism (University of Barcelona)
* Currently studying Degree in Humanities (UOC, Open University of Catalonia)
* Studies about Picasso (University of Barcelona and Picasso Museum)
* Studies about Spanish Civil War (University of Barcelona)
* Studies about Montserrat (University of Girona with Monastery of Montserrat)
* Tutor at the Master of Management of Tourist Heritage, (CETT E-learning, University of Barcelona)
* Former Teacher for Tourist Industry and Guides programs training (Euroaula, among other Schools)
* Member of Aguicat, Catalan Association for Licensed Tour Guides
I don't drive in my tours, but I can arrange for private transportation with car companies that I rely on.