Explore local communities by longtail boat through the Other Side of Bangkok
This is a full-day tour in which you will explore the different ways in which people life on the 'Other Side of Bangkok', an area formerly known as Krung Thonburi Sri Maha Samut (The City of Treasures Gracing the Ocean) , the ancient capital of Thailand, which lies on the other side of the Chao Phraya River.
The local communities on this side are full of history and surprises. We will visit a local family's home and learn how to cook traditional Thai dishes. Then, enjoy the beautiful scenery from a long-tail boat while we go through some local communities. And after exploring an orchid farm in a remote community, we will go to the Artist's House where there are many different things to see and do here, explore local crafts, taste local delicacies, and discover Buddhist temples.
The Artist's House is also home to a famous performance - a traditional Thai puppet show, which takes place at 2 pm every day except on Mondays, a puppet performance that you cannot see elsewhere in the World but Thailand.
- Pick up from your hotel in Bangkok or any other convenient location
- Visit local temple and local people's house
- Start Thai cooking class with the real Thai and your guide in their house
By Longtail Boat
- Take a longtail boat along the canal alleyway
- Visit Local Orchid Farm
- Enjoy your boat trip along the canal through local communities
- Visit the Artist's House
- Enjoy the Puppet Show which will take place at 2 pm
- Relax by the river and making some Thai Handicraft at the Artist's House
- Explore the community near the Artist's House and then drive back to your hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or any other convenient location in Bangkok with your names printed on a sign of paper
End location: Back to your hotel or as previously agreed
Duration: 8 hours
The starting time of this tour can be flexible but should not be later than 11 am.
Because you will need to do a cooking class for your own lunch other wise your lunch will be delay.
And the Puppet show at the Artist's House will takes place at 2 pm (every day except on Mondays).
Private Luxury Air-Conditioned Van with Experienced Driver.
We have space to seat 6 adults comfortably. I can accommodate up to 8 adults with a little less space, so please contact me for details.
And then take a longtail boat ride.
For the bicycle tour (upon your request), we will drive to our starting point where the bicycle provided and then get around by bikes and take a longtail boat ride along the canal alley ways with our bikes. After the tour, I will send you back to your hotel by car/van.
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Private Luxury Air-Conditioned Van with Experienced Driver
- Pick up / drop off at your hotel or any other convenient location in Bangkok
- Long-tail boat ride through local communities
- Cooking class at a local family's house
- Thai meal
- Traditional Thai snacks and refreshments
- Thai Handicraft
- Admission fees to all places
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 USD - All Inclusive! No additional cost
Only when you want to buy souvenirs or local food back home
No extra cost
I'm a licensed guide, and have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
What a wonderful day. A great introduction to Thai culture and their way of life. Peach was a knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide who ensured that we made the most of our day with her.