Discovering Bangalore's roots with your own Private Guide!
This walking tour takes you through the streets of Bangalore where the city came to life in the 15th century by the founder Kemepegowda. Today this old area is a wholesale market place brimming with cultural influences and where you can truly experience the heart of the city with its people and activities. One of the busiest places in Bangalore, a contrast from the modern city life, the trail takes you through the narrow alleys to monuments that are more than 100 years old!
Experience the culture, customs, and traditions coming alive on this off the beaten path tour, where you pass through an ancient church, centuries old temple, historic mosque, a heritage building, an old wrestling house, market places, and a traditional healing place. This is the side of Bangalore you will experience only after tossing away the guide book, and one that you will remember for years to come.
On meeting you at the start location we will set off for the following:
- Breakfast at one of the best places to eat traditional dosas and coffee.
- Glimpse at an old church building built in the 18th century and learn of its significance
- Blessings at a 380 year old temple where snake idols are worshiped
- Visit to a mosque built by 18th century Indian rulers
- Visit to a 100 year old building which provides free lodging to underprivileged students
- Visit to a traditional wrestling house with a chance of meeting an ex- national level wrestler
- Glimpse into traditional medicinal practices in a small shop run the orthodox way
- Wear clothes that cover the shoulder and knee as we will be entering places of worship.
- Recommended to wear comfortable footwear that can taken off and worn easily as it is not allowed in places of worship.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the entrance gate of State Bank of India, main branch on KG road. The google location can be seen here.
End location: The tour will end at a mosque. The google location can be seen here.
Duration: 4 hours
Depending upon our walking pace
This a a walking tour.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
300 Indian Rupees - Donation at places of worship, local shopping.
I have a no restrictions, and I'll try my best to accommodate all of your requests on the tour.