A cultural tour experiencing real Bangalore like a local!
This tour is about experiencing Bangalore the authentic way! Get ready to meet the locals, savour authentic food, understand people's lifestyle and experience temple rituals on this half day tour.
Begin the tour with a session of laughter yoga with the locals, guaranteed to wake up your body and soul in a 45 minute session. We re-energize ourselves with some delicious authentic breakfast at a local restaurant which is really old and famous for the dosa's and coffee.
We proceed to a cave temple and learn of its mysterious origin and partake in the rituals of worshiping lord Shiva!
A small walk through the neighborhood to see old homes and meets its humble residents, after which we visit the dhobi ghat (washerman's village) to see the manual laundry process and you can even try your hand at it. We will end the tour at a social organization where meals are cooked for more than 50, 000 underprivileged children everyday in their community kitchen!
After I meet you at the starting point viz, Lalbagh West Gate entrance, we will proceed towards the following;
- A 45 minute session of laughter yoga (for all age groups)
- Authentic breakfast experience at a local restaurant
- Visit to a cave temple and learn its rituals
- Visit to the local neighbourhood including washermans village
- Glimpse into the community kitchen of a social organisation that feeds 50, 000 school children daily.
- Wear clothes that cover the shoulder and knee as we will be entering places of worship.
- Recommended to wear comfortable footwear that can taken off and worn easily as it is not allowed in places of worship.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We will meet at the entrance of Lalbagh Botanical Garden - WEST GATE.
End location: We will end the tour at Ram Krishna Ashram, Bull temple road, close to the starting location. Or, I can drop you back at your hotel, provided it's within a 10 km radius of the meeting spot.
Duration: 4 hours
Depending upon the laughter therapy session and breakfast wait time, the tour should take about 4 hours from starting point to ending point.
We will use a hatchback for a group size less than 3 - Volkswagon Polo.
For 4-5 people we will be using an SUV - Mahindra XUV. Please contact me before booking if you have a larger group.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
700 Indian Rupees - Donation at temples, local shopping along the way
I have a no restrictions, and I'll try my best to accommodate all of your requests on the tour.