Explore Banff at your own pace, with a private guide, using your vehicle.
Banff is a delight to show to newcomers to the area!
This private tour caters perfectly to first-time visitors to Banff, and guests interested in natural history, in geology, human history, ecosystems, flora, and fauna, or simply want to ask questions, hear background knowledge about the area and enrich their experience.
We will drive to the main viewpoints, see the beautiful Bow River and falls, go to the best corner for a view of the Majestic Banff Springs hotel, then search for wildlife on our way to some neighbouring lakes, and you decide on an optional add-on (see below). I'll make sure to give you recommendations, so you make the most of your visit to the mountains!
There are several itinerary options for you in this half day experience. Let me know your preferences and I will adapt and design the tour accordingly.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your guide will meet you at your hotel in the lobby or at the Whitebark Café in Banff.
End location: Your tour will end at your hotel or downtown Banff.
Duration: 4 hours
4 hours is an estimate overall duration.
This is your tour; we'll adjust the pace and number of stops that day.
Your add-on activity, unforeseen delays, wildlife viewing, summer road construction and weather may also affect the timing of the day.
Your private or rental vehicle.
Private SUV with chauffeur-guide at an extra cost of $230 per party (2 to 4 passengers) and per day, Park Pass, km & gas included.
Private tour for 2 to 4 guests with a licensed guide, using your own vehicle. This tour requires a vehicle. You drive, I guide!
** I can provide transportation and drive you, at an extra cost for the rental vehicle: $230 per day, for up to 4 passengers **
- It is important to obey wildlife viewing rules (slow drive-by, passengers remaining in the vehicle at all times, short stop for photos through the window). Your guide will gladly provide some context and an explanation for this.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 CAD - Optional activities:
# 1: Norquay chairlift; a locals' favourite!
Jun - Oct daily
Adult 16+: $35
# 2: Cave and Basin National Historic Site:
May - Oct daily
adult $3.90, free under 17yrs
# 3: Sunshine Meadows gondola & chairlift to viewing deck, no hiking:
Jun 29 - Sept 23
Fri to Mon: adult 16+: $42
This option adds an hour to our tour and admission fee for the guide.
#4: Let me show you some of my favourite places in the area.
These rates are for 2018 and don't include 5% tax
- each tour gives you several options to choose from. Some activities are free of charge, some charge an admission fee. Please refer to the "estimated cash" section to see the details.
- gas and National Park Pass for the vehicle are at your charge. Please have a full tank prior to the start of the tour.
- lunch : Cost not included. You could order a boxed lunch from your hotel or will be given several lunch options that day.
- souvenirs, etc.
* All of the tours can be booked with transportation included. Private SUV with chauffeur-guide at an extra cost of $230 per party and per day, gas and Park Pass included .
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Sophie is a very professional and knowledgeable guide. She has many secret spots in Banff for photo shooting! Our two day trip was organized very effectively and efficiently. We almost see Banff from all the angels and inside out. Thank you Sophie!