Nordeste is located in the Northeast part of the island. It's very visited by it's splendid viewpoints, picnic sites and waterfalls. In Nordeste we find the highest mountain of the island that is called "Pico da Vara" with 1, 105 meters. For birdwatchers is also a fantastic spot as we have there the "Priolo" (Azorean Bullfinch) that is an endemic specie of the island.
- Departure from Ponta Delgada
- Santa Iria Viewpoint (North Coast)
- Tea Factory & Tea Plantations
- Ribeira dos Caldeirões Waterfall
- Village of Nordeste
- Ponta do Sossego/Madrugada Viewpoint
- Povoação (where the first inhabitants of the island settled)
- Vila Franca do Campo (first capital of the island)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel Reception/Lobby in Ponta Delgada
Cruise Ship Terminal
End location: Hotel / Cruise Ship Terminal
Duration: 7 hours
Black Ford Mondeo or Silver Mercedes Benz, air-conditioned, modern, spacious, comfortable and always clean. Capacity of 3 seats + driver.
- My guiding services
- Transportation service with licensed car
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euros - This amount is for lunch (amount is per person)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Rui was absolutely wonderful. He is knowledgeable and welcoming and has a fabulous sense of humor. He was also very accommodating in working with us and what we were interested in seeing or not seeing.