Explore the Cultural Heritage of Ayutthaya & Enjoy Superb Lunch Buffet by Grand Pearl Cruise
Ayutthaya, the world heritage ancient city, the Siamese Kingdom that existed from 1351 to 1767 and has been included in UNESCO list of World heritage since December 13, 1991.
Our first stop will be at Bang-Pa-In Summer Palace. The original Palace was built by King Prasat Thong of Ayutthaya in the first half of the 17th century. When Ayutthaya was invaded and destroyed by the Burmese in 1767, Bang Pa-In Palace was left abandoned for almost a century until it was rebuilt by King Mongkut (Rama IV) in the 1850's
We will then go to Ayutthaya Historical Park which was destroyed by the Burmese in the 18th century. The ruins indicate that Ayutthaya was one of Southeast Asia's (and probably the world's) most prosperous cities in the 17th Century and beyond.
After that, you will then embark on the luxurious Grand Pearl Cruise for the return journey to Bangkok. Take a leisure cruise and enjoy a sumptuous lunch on the Grand Pearl Cruise Liner as you enjoy the fantastic view along the River of Kings.
- Pick up from your hotel in Bangkok
- Bang-Pa-In Summer Palace, the Palace of King Rama IV with its mixture of Thai, Chinese and Gothic Architecture.
- Ayutthaya The world heritage ancient city. Former Capital City of Thailand (B. E. 1350-1767). Ayutthaya has been included in UNESCO list of World heritage since December 13, 1991
- Wat Yai Chai Mongkol features a large Stupa, built after King Naresuan's Victory over the Burmese
- Wat Mahathat or Temple of the Great Relics - The Buddha head in the tree roots
- Wat Phra Si Sanphet - The holiest temple on the site of the old Royal Palace in Thailand's ancient capital of Ayutthaya
- Boarding the Grand Pearl, the most luxury cruise liner on the Chao Phraya River at WAT CHONG LOM (Nonthaburi) for cruising to Bangkok along the Chao Praya River with Superb buffet lunch
- Coffee break will be served
- Arrive at the River City Shopping Complex Pier
- Drive back to your hotel in Bangkok
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: I will meet you with your names printed on a sign of paper at your hotel or any other convenient location in Bangkok
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 10 hours
The starting time of this tour can be flexible but we should leave Bangkok before 9 am to have enough time to do the tour in Ayutthaya because we need to get on board for the Grand Pearl Cruise at 1 pm after we have done the tour in Ayutthaya.
Please note Ayutthaya is about one and half hours away to the north by car
I will pick you up from your hotel in Bangkok and drive to Ayutthaya. We will get around the area and visit all temples by private air-conditioned van and getting back to Bangkok by Grand Pearl Cruise .
We have space to seat 6 adults comfortably. I can accommodate up to 8 adults with a little less space, so please contact me for details.
The driver will pick us up from the River City pier where the cruise drop us off and then drive back to your hotel.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 USD - All Inclusive! No additional cost.
Only when you want to buy souvenirs or local food back home
I'm a licensed guide, and have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This is a great tour. Our tour guide was prompt, very knowledgeable and friendly. There were 6 adults and we fit comfortably in the clean and modern van. The driver was very careful and professional. The tour of the summer palace and Ayutthaya world heritage site was not only interesting but a great history lesson. The boat ride and buffet lunch was refreshing and a good way to relax after the tour. I highly recommend this tour and our tour guide Peachaya was perfect for this tour.
Albert Shelton III