Explore Cypriot history and nature, a former fishing village and a medieval monastery
Join me for a tour of Ayia Napa, the former fishing village that is the island's biggest tourist resort today. Start with a light walk at nearby Cape Greco national park, a major site for bird migration and endemic plant species. Enjoy the sea views, the sea cave/rock formations and low lying maquis shrubland.
Then we move to the town of Ayia Napa to visit the medieval monastery where a medieval-themed festival takes place every October. Visit Thalassa museum, dedicated to marine history and wildlife, and the outdoor Sculpture Park.
- departure from Nicosia
- arrival at Ayia Napa. Short drive with optional stops:
- Thalassa Museum (Sea Museum) to see reconstructed 4th century BC Greek commercial ship, archaelogical artefacts and sea life specimens.
- Medieval Monastery.
- Sculpture Park.
- break at popular Nissi beach or Fig tree Bay
- tour of Cape Greco National Park. Stops at Blue Lagoon bay, seaside rock chapel and panoramic view point.
- return towards Ayia Napa to explore the sea caves and lovers bridge rock
- sunset view and/or a drink at Ayia Napa
- return to Nicosia
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
Transportation with air-conditioned private car, clean and in very good condition.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 euro - This is the maximum price each traveller will have to pay for lunch at a local restaurant and admission tickets.
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you into archaeological museums and sites.
My car can fit up to 3 people comfortably. Please inquire for larger groups.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Very interesting tour to the North-East side of the Island. Chris took us to some amazing caves, national parks and beaches. Perfect combination to explore and relax.