I enjoy touring & exploring with interesting people from all over the world.
•• I'm based in Athens city only because Greece's main International airport is at Athens and most of you guys arrive here! However, I'm also based, and consider myself more at home, at the beautiful Nafplio town and Hydra island; two amazing destinations for you to consider! I prefer and enjoy taking travelers off the beaten path; to more authentic places. As you will read in the "restrictions" section, I'm not a licensed tour guide, so I do not guide you inside the archeological sites.
•• If you enjoy a custom approach to touring and want a more "Greek than tourist" experience; this is me! If you love food, I can cater to all your needs in a very refreshing manner. . . from Greek coffee the traditional way, or an 11am Ouzo stop, to amazing lunch at the places we visit, and of course dinner suggestions near your base. This is my way of touring & if you are also open to my improvisations you will enjoy your tour even more.
•• Greece is not just about the culture & history. For me, Greece is also about the amazing food & the life itself! A life with emotions! You can discover these unique Greek treasures if you follow my footsteps and let me know about your likes and dislikes.
•• My services as a guide specialize in unique, authentic, off-the-beaten-track experiences to the hidden corners of Greece, without missing out on the well known destinations. It's all about real Greek life & people which reflect my personality. And; I JUST ENJOY CREATING ITINERARIES and improvising during tours!
•• Touring with me does not include touristy shopping stops or any other means of wasting time and money.
•• I'm 57 years old but still very sporty and active. Me and my wife love white water rafting and I also enjoy tennis. My favorite Greek destinations are the mountains of the mythical Peloponnese and the island of Skiathos. As for international locations, I enjoy London and the English country side.
ABOUT MY TOURS:
• You can contact me not only for the listed tours but also if you need a customized itinerary.
• For first time travelers to Greece I suggest just one night (2 days) or 2 nights (3 days) at Athens. No more!
• Plan your tours so that you also overnight away from the big city (Athens), if you really want to make best use of your time in Greece.
• There are numerous amazing "real Greek" islands besides the obvious "touristy" ones!
• The mythical Peloponnese is the best destination in Greece combining most of the cultural sites, the beautiful coastline, the amazing mountain villages and landscape, but of course islands like Hydra. So . . . my destinations include Corinth, Nafplio, Mycenae & Epidaurus, Olympia & Messene, Sparta & Mystras, Mani, Diros Caves & Monemvasia, the mountain villages & monasteries of the Peloponnese and finally Aegina, Hydra & Spetses islands.
• North of Athens my destinations include; Delphi, Hosios Loukas & Meteora. Also the Acheron river with the mythical entrance to Hades (underworld)!
ACCOMMODATION DURING MULTI DAY TOURS:
It is included since I have a better "picture" of what is best for my/your tours and I have no intention of making profit out of it. You should expect quality accommodation with attention to the important detail. If compromised, it will be only because you have booked late, but even so, you will know.
A large saloon or minivan is used for all transportation.
LUNCH DURING THE TOURS:
Lunch is always included in my tours whether it is a day or multi day tour. This is Greece; and food is huge part of our culture. Food and drink is a tour on its own! So food & drink, while touring with me, is always part of your experience! Sometimes it can be a very adventurous and exciting experience.
CONTACT me . . . if you have any questions or wish to create your own "non touristy" itinerary.
Thanks for reading about me.
Athens city - Nafplio town - Hydra island
Not a fully licensed tourist guide, so instead of just walking you through all the museums and archeological sites, I take care of your whole experience.
• I have had a very useful 3 year experience on a cruising boat and visited almost every single Greek island.
• Lived in UK for 7 years which I consider a great life experience for myself and lucky I had the chance to do it.
• My academic background is a B.Sc in Electronic Engineering and a Masters degree in Telecommunications & Marketing. However, I can't claim to be fluent in English.
• I enjoy tennis and white water rafting.
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside of the historical monuments. I will provide a useful introduction and a booklet of detailed information in the vehicle.
No touristy stops such us shopping or similar, unless requested.