Growing up in this city, I got to know it very well, but I took it to the next level in my late 20's when I took the official class and became a licensed city guide. Since then showing people around this amazing city has been both my job and my passion.
And it truly is an amazing city! Antwerp has a wonderful mix between old and new. The old city center breaths history while the areas around boast new landmarks designed by first class architects from around the world. But the best part about it is the lovely atmosphere. Antwerp is where the locals enjoy their lives. If you talk to a random person in the street, it will probably not be a tourist, but a local. It's a great place to slow down, enjoy the beautiful views, the amazing food and some of the best beers in the world. Leave the tourists behind and come and see the real Belgium.
But let's get to what you really need to know.
WHY CHOOSE ME AS YOUR LOCAL GUIDE?
1. I was born and raised in Antwerp, still live here and spend almost every day enjoying what the city has to offer.
2. I'm a trained and licensed city guide.
3. I love history and I'm a very good story teller (if I may say so myself)
4. Where my heart truly lies is with all the good stuff this city has to offer. The hidden spots: small bars, beautiful restaurants, hidden little street, specialist shops, local products, etc. If you really want to find out what life in Antwerp is like and experience the city as/with a local, I'm your guy.
WHEN SHOULD YOU NOT CHOOSE ME
1. I know about art, but it's not my passion. If you want a tour focussed on art and museums, I might not be the best guide for you. If you want a general tour with a bit of art in there, we can have a great time together.
If all of this resonates with you, please contact me and we'll work things out.
Certified Belgian Beer Expert
I can only do inside tours of the cathedral, the Rubens house and Plantin Moretus. I'm not licensed nor trained for the other musea.