Rome Wasn't Built in a Day Tour Deluxe *w/Transportation included*
We will discover hundreds of years of history since, according to the Roman mythology, the founding of Rome is 753 BC. The city became the capital of the Roman Empire and it is considered one of the birthplaces of Western civilization. The best place to appreciate the Roman prominence is the Forum Area which was for centuries the center of Roman public life and now is full of important archeological ruins. Looking together at the remains, we will discover, understand and recreate the ancient Roman history. Just saying that we will visit one of the most famous monuments in the world, the Colosseum!
Then we will visit the Case Romane del Celio which lies below the Basilica of Saints John and Paul on the slopes of the Caelian Hill. The houses were opened to the public in 2002 and they represent one of the most fascinating subterranean spaces in Rome due to their extremely well conserved frescoed rooms and because of the artistic and religious value.
Read Carefully: Tuesday and Wednesday the Case are closed
We will start our itinerary with the COLOSSEUM, the largest amphitheatre ever built and model for the modern stadiums. (Colosseum regular route - NO UNDERGROUND AND NO BELVEDERE).
Beside is the ARCH OF CONSTANTINE, dedicated in 315 AD. Then we will visit the ROMAN FORUM where we will discover ruins of several important ancient buildings and then the PALATINE HILL with the ruins of the emperor's palaces.
We will proceed on walking (about 8/10 minutes) for reaching the CASE ROMANE DEL CELIO, located on the Clivo di Scauro between the Coliseum and the Circus Maximus.
Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3. 000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened.
Backpacks, suitcases, etc. aren't allowed. No storage onsite
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up with the professional driver wherever you want within the city (likely your hotel). After your booking confirmation, we will figure it out.
*Pick up at the Cruise Ship Port or at the Airport is also available but it is to be quoted apart (upon request)
End location: Our tour will end in Clivo di Scauro (close to the Church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo). Again pick-up with the professional driver and drop-off wherever you want within the city (your hotel, restaurant, monument....).
*Drop off at the Cruise Ship Port or at the Airport is also available but it is to be quoted apart (upon request).
Duration: 4 hours
Pick up and drop off within the city, with a professional driver.
Vehicle models (all with a/c):
- Up to 3 people: Sedan Mercedes Classe E
- Between 3 and 7 people: Viano Mercedes
Apart from the transfers, it will be a walking tour
* the tour can be arranged for larger groups upon request.
* Additional fee for pick up from/to Cruise Port or Airport (upon request - to be quoted apart)
- My time as licensed guide
- TIME SLOT ENTRANCE skip-the-line TICKETS (valid only within 15 minutes of the time reserved) otherwise new tickets have to be purchased again. Please take care of the timing according to your flights / ship / others details
(Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened).
- Transportation (2 ways as pick up/drop off) within the city, with a professional driver in a a/c Mercedes car or VAN (it depends by the guest's number and also - in case - by luggages). Please Note: No driver available during the tour. Prescheduled meeting time with the driver (the Driver Company applies a fee per hour).
* The tour can be arranged for larger groups upon request.
* Also available without transportation. Just make an inquiry for the actual cost.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - Personal Purchases
- Drink and snack (upon request)
- Transportation from and to Cruise Port or Airport (upon request - to be quoted apart).
I am not a driver guide but I might include transportation with a professional licensed driver in a/c Mercedes car or Van. (upon request)
Also available special transportation upon request (Cruise - Airport - Pompei - Tuscany...)