Ancient and Scenic Orkney
Private tour for up to 7 passengers. Covering the following sites on Orkney's Mainland:
1. Yesnaby sea cliffs - Rare flowers, sea bird, ocean views.
2. Skara Brae - 5000 year old Neolithic Village
3. Ring of Brodgar - Henge monument from 3rd Millennia BC.
4. Ness of Brodgar - Visit an active excavation site of what was once believed to be a Stone Age worshipping complex (Only between July 8th - August 28th)
5. Standing Stone of Stenness - Smaller stone circle with 20ft high stones.
6. Drive through what used to be the historic Hudson Bay Trading town of Stromness.
7. St Magnus Cathedral - Built by the Orkney Vikings in 1137AD.
Unearth Neolithic World Heritage sites of Skara Brae village, Ring of Brodgar and Standing Stones. See how the Viking age established Orkney as a busy trade island.
Explore fossils and spot a variety of sea birds at Yesnaby.
Discover Orkney's economy and admire beautiful seascapes and wildlife.
Your private tour day and the start time of your tour is entirely flexible and will be tailored to accommodate your time schedule and interests.
Tour may be subject to adjustments due to weather. Clients will be made aware in advance if this is the case.
Should any change on the day of touring need to be made by the client, then I will do my best to accommodate your wishes.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the cruise ship/ferry terminals, airport or accommodation on Orkney Mainland.
This full day tour is for up to 8 hours but can be tailored depending on how long your ship/ferry is in for.
End location: I will drop you off at the cruise ship terminal.
Duration: 8 hours
Up to 8 hours. Start times are dependent pick up destination or on what time the ship arrives in port and is agreed in advance by the client.
Using my own luxury and custom Volkswagen Transporter Shuttle. Full air conditioned, insured and licensed. On board microphone headset, spacious and comfortable.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 GBP - £20 GBP per person
Admissions are additional.
Lunch costs and any gifts will need to be paid locally in GBP or by credit card.
I can offer a step on guide service if you have your own vehicle. Price on request.
I can try and find availability on a bigger vehicle a coach or minibus if you have more than 7 persons in your party. Prices will be higher for this service.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Kinlay was highly knowledgeable and his explanations were comprehensive and interesting. He was especially kind and considerate of us, two senior women.