Been there, done that? Leave the beaten track and find unknown gems!
Been to Amsterdam before and ready for something new? The possibilities are endless, there is so much to do and so much to see. Please see some of my ideas for a perfect morning or afternoon in Amsterdam below. Remember, all tours are tailor made, we can customize the tour to your own wishes and interests.
Some examples for your half day tour:
* The Jordaan or the Pijp, old characteristic working class districts with narrow streets, small houses and hidden courts, now popular among students and artists and known for its boutique style shopping and great markets
* Jewish heritage tour of Amsterdam
* Docklands with eye-catching modern architecture & street art
* Canal district, a 400 years old World Heritage site. See and tour the famous canals & bridges and visit one of the noble canal mansions
* Tasting tours: sample Dutch cheese, chocolate and pancakes
* Rijksmuseum tour combined with a Rembrandt walk in the city
Let me know what you want to see and do and I will create your perfect walking or bike tour
This leisurely paced walking tour along the hidden gems of beautiful Amsterdam takes 3-4 hours.
Half way, we will have a short break, where you can get refreshments and try some typical Dutch food.
Optionally you can add a Canal Cruise to your tour. And whats about a visit to one of the world famous museums after your tour? You can skip the lines with the prepaid tickets that I can provide!
I recommend comfortable walking shoes, appropriate weather gear and some cash for your personal expenses for this tour.
If you dare we can use bicycles for this tour. Amsterdam is a bikers paradise but the traffic can be overwhelming if you are not used to city biking, ask for more information about this option.
More time or want to see different sights or areas of the city? All of my tours can be customized to your own preferences. Tell me what you want to see and I will create a special tour just for you. Even combination to the countryside with its iconic windmills are possible! Please ask for more information.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The tour starts in front of the iAmsterdam Visitor Centre (Tourist Information) at the central train station. Alternatively we can meet at any hotel in the old city centre or at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (cruise ship passengers).
End location: Any place in central Amsterdam or the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (cruise ship passengers).
Duration: 4 hours
The actual walking time of the tour is 3-4 hours. We will have a short break half way. You might choose to visit one of the famous art museums or take a Canal Cruise after the tour. Please ask for these add on options!
we will use taxi's or public transport (bus, tram or metro)
* my services as your private tour guide during the tour;
* private walking/bike tour;
* free maps & city information.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 EUR - per person for a drink or snacks
The local currency is the Netherlands is the Euro. Other currencies (e.g. USD) are not accepted. In shops, restaurants, tourist attractions and taxis you can usually pay with your credit card (Visa and Mastercard, American Express is less common).
* city transportation (EUR 7.50 per person) or bike rental (EUR 15 per person);
* Entrance fees only if applicable (e.g. churches, canal houses);
* optionally I can provide tickets for your Canal Cruise and/or 'skip the lines' tickets for the museums.
- Canal Cruise ticket (EUR 18.00 per person)
- Rijksmuseum (EUR 17.50 per person)
- Van Gogh Museum (EUR 17.50 per person).
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Frank was excellent - he was very flexible and agreed to customize this tour to allow us to visit the Rijksmuseum and Anne Frank House. He got us tickets to the museum and toured with us, adding excellent commentary on the main paintings. For Anne Frank house, he got us "skip the line" tickets. We spent most of the day with Frank. He is very knowledgeable, pleasant and I would fully endorse him as a great choice for your guide in Amsterdam