Private walking and eating tour in the most picturesque neighborhood of the city
Food is the best way to understand a culture, what we eat, the way we eat and how we prepare our food defines who we are. A visit to Amsterdam cannot be complete without tasting the local delicacies.
Don't miss: Cheese ultimate speciality, Bitterballen crispy meatballs, Haring pickled fresh fish, Ossenworst Amsterdam originated ox meat sausage, Fries, Apple pies, Syrop waffles and Pancakes.
A good starting point to experience the Dutch culinary habits is to wander around in one of the most quaint neighborhoods of Amsterdam. A former poor area that has become an exceptionally desirable one, a bohemian mixture of locals and foreigners.
Narrow alleyways, secret inner courtyards, dark wood bars with flickering candles, top-rated restaurants, flower line canals, impressive 17th-century residences, breweries, former warehouses of spices and cocoa, top flea and food street markets, galleries, exclusive fashion and vintage shopping.
A travel experience with authentic food, genuine hospitality and scenic beauty.
- Art'otel our meeting point
- Wander around the brewer's canal, voted Amsterdam's most beautiful
- Start with homemade apple pie dutch style and coffee in the most iconic canalside cafe
- Visit one of the hidden inner courtyards in Jordaan
- Try the famous street food, pickled haring and battered cod fish
- Stroll around the local markets (only Mondays and Saturdays)
- Enjoy delicious cheese tasting
- See the house of the famous diarist Anne Frank
- Westerkerk church where Rembrandt is buried
- Quaint 9 streets with cosy cafes and vintage & designer boutiques
- End of our tour in an elegant art deco cafe with famous prawn croquettes, best veal "bitterballs" and beer
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Art'otel, Prins Hendrikkade 33
End location: Spui plein, square in the city center/ your referred location
Duration: 4 hours
** If you want to have a pick up and drop off at your hotel or any other location, please inquire me for a customized tour that will include the transportation cost.
- Experienced Private tour guide
- All food tastings
- 1 Coffee/tea/refreshment per person
- 1 Beer per person
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euro - Personal expenses, beverages/souvenirs
- Extra beverages
- Personal expenses
- I do not tour guiding in the museums