Private walking and eating tour in the most picturesque neighborhood of the city
Food is the best way to understand a culture, what we eat, the way we eat and how we prepare our food defines who we are. A visit to Amsterdam cannot be complete without tasting the local delicacies.
Don't miss: Cheese ultimate speciality, Bitterballen crispy meatballs, Haring pickled fresh fish, Ossenworst Amsterdam originated ox meat sausage, Fries, Apple pies, Syrop waffles and Pancakes.
A good starting point to experience the Dutch culinary habits is to wander around in one of the most quaint neighborhoods of Amsterdam. A former poor area that has become an exceptionally desirable one, a bohemian mixture of locals and foreigners.
Narrow alleyways, secret inner courtyards, dark wood bars with flickering candles, top-rated restaurants, flower line canals, impressive 17th-century residences, breweries, former warehouses of spices and cocoa, top flea and food street markets, galleries, exclusive fashion and vintage shopping.
A travel experience with authentic food, genuine hospitality and scenic beauty.
- Art'otel our meeting point
- Wander around the brewer's canal, voted Amsterdam's most beautiful
- Start with homemade apple pie dutch style and coffee in the most iconic canalside cafe
- Visit one of the hidden inner courtyards in Jordaan
- Try the famous street food, pickled haring and battered cod fish
- Stroll around the local markets (only Mondays and Saturdays)
- Try the local sausages; from lean smoked beef and ground pork meat
- See the house of the famous diarist Anne Frank and the Westerkerk (church where Rembrandt is buried)
- Enjoy delicious cheese tasting
- End of the tour in a small place where you can taste the best Bitterballen, a mix of cheese/fish/meat balls
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Art'otel, Prins Hendrikkade 33
End location: Westerkerk, Prinsengracht 279 Amsterdam
Duration: 4 hours
** If you want to have a pick up and drop off at your hotel or any other location, please inquire me for a customized tour that will include the transportation cost.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euro - Personal expenses, beverages/souvenirs
- I do not tour guiding in the museums
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Wonderful experience with Laura mid day on a Saturday market day in Jordaan area. Casual walking and eating with more than enough samples and always more offered so come with an appetite and don't eat breakfast before this one on a Saturday!! All kinds of local foods and her descriptions of the foods make this a wonderful opportunity to have a true TASTE of the city that you could never do on your own! That's what this tour and this company is all about and I can't wait for the next time!!!!! Thanks Laura