The best 17th century focused tour
This tour is meant for giving you an impression of the 17th century highdays of the city. It's a combination of sightseeing and visiting at least one 17th century interior and one art museum with many 17th century masterpieces.
We start touring around the famous canal belt of Amsterdam with it's characteristic combination of wide canals, typical 17th and 18th century canal houses, boathouses and numerous parked bicycles.
If your ability of walking allows we will make a short walk as well to visit Begijnhof-courtyard and Civic Guards Gallery with it's impressive paintings.
We will stop at either The Palace at Damsquare or Rembrandthuis (1 hour) to get to see a classic 17th century interior and either at Rijksmuseum or Hermitage Amsterdam (2 hours) to watch many 17th century masterpieces.
I think without seeing these, your tour of Amsterdam is incomplete!
We will tour around the historical center of Amsterdam for around 2 to 3 hours (dependent on how long you like the break to be)
We pass by many scenic spots in the historic heart of Amsterdam:
- Picturesque canal views
- The Museum Square
- The Seven Bridges
- Amstel River
- Skinny bridge
- Anne Frankhuis
- Holocaust Memorial
- Rembrandt square
In case your walking abilities allow I will take you out of the minivan and you will experience everything in a different way.
We make stops at either the Palace on DamSquare or Rembrandthuis (1 hour) and either Rijksmuseum or Hermitage Amsterdam (2 hours) to get to see an impressive classic 17th-century interior and to come close-up with many beautiful, impressive and historically interesting 17th century masterpieces
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: - At your hotel, the Cruise Terminal for sea Cruise ships (PTA), your river cruise ship, airport or any other agreed upon location.
End location: - At your hotel, the Cruise Terminal for sea Cruise ships (PTA), your river cruise ship, airport or any other agreed upon location.
Duration: 6 hours
Minivan, and some walking (in the museums).
- My Guiding
- Private Transportation, and all other costs connected to the vehicle (like: service, petrol)
- All other costs connected to the vehicle (like: service, petrol)
- Entrance fees of the museums
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 euro - - Without any breaks or stops to buy something, no pocket money neccessary.
- Simple, fast takeaway at Fish-stall, snackbar or Indonesian takeaway won't cost that much, count on between 5 and 10 euro's per person.
- In case you would like to sit down at a restaurant or terrace and you order a complete meal, including some drinks costs will be more in the range of 15 to 25 euro per person.
- Food & Drinks are not included
- I can not provide tours of Anne Frank House, or provide tickets for it.
- Taking pictures of women in the red light district is strictly prohibited