Sightseeing tour of all the highlights by Rickshaw
The ideal way to see Amsterdam for couples with limited abilities to walk!
In just 4 hours we pass by all the major scenic points in the historic heart of Amsterdam: many scenic canal intersections and views on the canals, many characteristic 16th, 17th and 18th century buildings, and the main scenic squares (Rembrandt Square, Museumsquare, Nieuwmarkt). I'll explain a lot about the city.
The rickshaw is able to enter many alleyways and streets where the cars can not, we climb the highest bridges with the most scenic views on the canals. It is able to reach off-the water locations where boats cannot get.
In case it would start raining I will close the transparent rain cover and you will still be able to see all the scenic points.
Of course, I explain to you about the city, it's history and present.
We tour around the historic center of Amsterdam for 4 hours. It's your tour, you decide whether we should take a break, focus on specific things you are interested in (Jewish heritage, Second World War in Amsterdam, typical 17th century architecture, modern architecture, pass by one of the 3 Red Light Districts).
- In case you don't have specific interests I will pass by:
- Tens of picturesque canal views
- The Museum Square
- Seven Bridges
- Amstel River
- Skinny bridge
- Anne Frankhuis
- Holocaust Memorial
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 euro - - Without any breaks or stops to buy something on the road, no pocketmoney neccessary.
- Simple, fast takeaway at Fish-stall, snackbar or Indonesian takeaway won't cost that much, count on between 5 and 10 euro's per person.
- In case you would like to sit down at a restaurant or terrace and you order a complete meal, including some drinks costs will be more in the range of 15 to 25 euro per person.
- I can not provide tours of Anne Frank House, or provide tickets for it.
- Taking pictures of women in the red light district is strictly prohibited
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This is an absolute must while in Amsterdam. Jan is a super guide and passionate about what he does. He takes pains to ensure the maximum satisfaction o the guests. Our trip was spoiled by rain but that did not stop Jan from producing a memorable experience. He comes in prepared to tackle the rain. Due to the rain, Jan took us out for an additional hour the next day to make up for the sights we had missed. Fantastic experience.