Sightseeing tour of all the highlights by Rickshaw
The ideal way to see Amsterdam for couples with limited abilities to walk!
In just 4 hours we pass by all the major scenic points in the historic heart of Amsterdam: many scenic canal intersections and views on the canals, many characteristic 16th, 17th and 18th century buildings, and the main scenic squares (Rembrandt Square, Museumsquare, Nieuwmarkt). I'll explain a lot about the city.
The rickshaw is able to enter many alleyways and streets where the cars can not, we climb the highest bridges with the most scenic views on the canals. It is able to reach off-the water locations where boats cannot get.
In case it would start raining I will close the transparent rain cover and you will still be able to see all the scenic points.
Of course, I explain to you about the city, it's history and present.
We tour around the historic center of Amsterdam for 4 hours. It's your tour, you decide whether we should take a break, focus on specific things you are interested in (Jewish heritage, Second World War in Amsterdam, typical 17th century architecture, modern architecture, pass by one of the 3 Red Light Districts).
- In case you don't have specific interests I will pass by:
- Tens of picturesque canal views
- The Museum Square
- Seven Bridges
- Amstel River
- Skinny bridge
- Anne Frankhuis
- Holocaust Memorial
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Wherever in the center, or at the Cruise Terminal, or your hotel as to your preference.
End location: Wherever in the center, or at the Cruise Terminal, or your hotel as to your preference
Duration: 4 hours
- My guidance and explanation
- The rickshaw-tour
- Customization in case you do have specific interests and there is enough time to pass by those places
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 euro - - Without any breaks or stops to buy something on the road, no pocketmoney neccessary.
- Simple, fast takeaway at Fish-stall, snackbar or Indonesian takeaway won't cost that much, count on between 5 and 10 euro's per person.
- In case you would like to sit down at a restaurant or terrace and you order a complete meal, including some drinks costs will be more in the range of 15 to 25 euro per person.
- If time allows you might extend the tour.
- Food & Drinks not included
- I can not provide tours of Anne Frank House, or provide tickets for it.
- Taking pictures of women in the red light district is strictly prohibited
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Wonderful tour! We covered most of the highlights in a remarkably short time. We chose not to take a lunch break, that was a mistake. A half hour break would have refreshed us. Jan was very responsive to our specific requests and desires. Our only complaint was that it was sometimes difficult to hear what Jan was saying.