I provide Private Driving Tours - sightseeing circuits for one - or multiple-day excursions.
My favorite regions include:
***The Basque Country along the Spanish-French Border:
-From Bilbao to San Sebastian; St Jean de Luz, Guethary, Biarritz, Bayonne, Espellette & St Jean Pied-de-Port
***the Bordeaux region:
-Dordogne, Lascaux, Sarlat-le-Caneda, Rocamadour, St Emilion, Medoc, Arcachon
***Around Toulouse: "Occitania"
- Carcassonne, Cathar castles, Albi, Cordes-sur-ciel, St Cirq-LaPopie, Pech Merle, Comminges, Lourdes
. . . But I also provide tours in the rest of France!
***Loire Valley: Renaissance castles - Chenonceau, Chambord
***Provence, Monaco. . .
- I proudly offer quality, custom service: authentic excursions into the heart of France and French Culture.
- With over 25 years' experience driving in France, I provide safe transport and historical commentary with personal anecdotes about life in France as an American expatriate.
- My objective is to help you to maximize your time spent here in France - so that you will most comfortably enjoy all the beauty and history - that you return home filled with spectacular memories of a marvelous adventure.
- Having a unique point of view due to my international education and experiences, and a profound understanding of both French and American cultures, I know what English-speaking tourists are looking for in France - and can share this with you!. . . .
- My greatest asset is that I have one foot firmly set in 2 countries/cultures:
I speak perfect American English, as I was born and raised in the US, yet my father is French, and my wife (and in-laws) are all French.
- One of the greatest advantages to my tours is flexibility. I may propose or start the day with an itinerary in mind, or list of places to visit, but from there the day will unfold according to your personal wishes.
A Recent Review of this guide
Picked up at our Apartment. We had an awesome day touring the Dordogne valley. We visited a cave and the museum at Lascaux 4. Christian was a great guide, he has great local knowledge. We learned a lot about the areas history and a language . Although a long trip in the van, lively conversation and interesting sites rounded out a great day. I would not hesitate to book future trips with Christian.
Licensed as a Driver-Guide (Voiture de Tourisme avec Chauffeur)
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside of the historical monuments.
I can arrange for a licensed guide to provide this service upon request.