Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Private Tour
Are you in Rome and you want to visit Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast? YOU CAN DO THAT IN A SINGLE DAY, arriving directly to Naples train station. In fact, the cheapest and fastest way to get around Naples is definitely the train: by car, it takes about 3 hours and 30 minutes, while the train takes 1 hours and 10 minutes. There is a fast train from Rome to Naples almost every hour and you can buy your ticket online.
I'll meet you on arrival track at "NAPOLI CENTRALE" station, ready to begin our tour. If you stay in Rome, this option is really the best way to see both, Pompeii and the Amalfi coast.
You have the opportunity to see:
1) the most important archaeological site in the world, Pompeii, declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO;
2) the natural beauties of Sorrento coast and Amalfi coast, known for picturesque seaside towns along the Mediterranean with stops in the main places s of interest (Sorrento and Positano or Ravello and Amalfi).
Taking the train at 7:30 am from Rome, you'll arrive in Naples at 8:45 am, in just 1 hour and 10 minutes. You'll find me at the beginning of the platform.
At the beginning of the tour, we will make the arrangement for the itinerary, in order to avoid hours where the places are very crowded.
We could go first to Pompeii, then to the Amalfi Coast (Positano) and later to Sorrento, or choose a different order.
I'll lead you all along the coast by showing you Sorrento, Positano and then Pompeii, where your visit will take approx. 2 hours.
We'll be back to Naples at 17:30, to safely take the train at 18:00 to Rome.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the end of track at the railways stations in Naples;
End location: Naples' train station
Duration: 9 hours
Please contact me if you would like to have a longer or shorter tour.
Transportation Method: Luxury Mercedes Minivan or Sedan air conditioned - If you have a group larger than 8, please contact me.
- Private Mercedes vehicle (in Naples), with enough space for your suitcases and bags;
- Passengers insurance plus my services as personal driver guide
- parking fees, highway tolls, taxes, gasoline and vehicle maintenance.
- Water and Wi-fi on board
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euro - EUR 25/30 approximately for lunch (per person), if requested.
- Admission fee for Pompeii: EUR 13 per adult.
- Free for travelers under 18 yrs (please bring a valid ID).
-Round-trip train tickets
-Admission fee for Pompeii: EUR 13 per adult. Free for travelers under 18 years old (please bring a valid ID).
* If you need a" Guided Tour" at Pompeii Scavi, please inquire me for a customized tour.
- I am not a licensed guide an will not able to guide you inside of the historical monuments.