The best food and sites in Bangkok.
On this full day tour I will introduce you to all the best food in Thailand combined with some of the most impressive cultural gems in the city.
In the morning I will meet you at your hotel and we will start exploring Bangkok by local transportation like tuk tuk, taxi or skytrain. ON this day I will take you to the Grand Palace to show you all the secrets of this impressive and golden palace. Another highlight is of course the famous reclining Buddha at Wat Pho.
During the day we will have many surprise stops at different food stalls and restaurants. here you will get the best of all the different kind of snacks and food that is so famous in Thailand. The colorful markets and tasty food will make your day a delicious, colorful and impressive start for your time in Thailand.
When we embark on a longtail boat to explore the ancient canals (called Klongs) of the city for you to see how Bangkok people have lived for many centuries. And of course more delicious food at the best places you can imagine!
Sample itinerary and times:
08. 00 am. Meet you at your hotel and embark on our trip by skytrain or taxi.
08. 30 am. Arrive at the first place for food and a local market with old shophouses and family run restaurants. Taste and eat a delicous Thai breakfast, fried bananas or other surprises.
09. 30 am. With tuk tuk arrive at the Grand Palace and I will show you all the hidden secrets of this impressive cultural gem.
11. 00 am. Get on a bus and visit Wat Pho reclining Buddha.
12. 00 am. Relax at a local restaurant for some great food and a stunning view over Wat Arun, the temple of Dawn.
13. 00 pm. Embark on a longtail boat and explore the canals of the city.
13. 45 pm. Maybe go for pork in sweet red sauce or Thai style desserts.
14. 30 pm. Explore Chinatown and the wholesale markets with herbs, food and taste the Chinese influence in Thai food.
15. 30 pm. Go back to your hotel by any way of transport that is available.
16. 00 pm. arrive at your hotel.
This is a suggestive itinerary.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel
End Point Options: Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Time depends on traffic, weather and your own pace.
This tour is done by using local transportation like tuk tuk, subway, skytrain, local bus, taxi, foot etc.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 Usd. - For your own souvenirs or a beer if you want.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Fantastic tour! Tommy was a wonderful host, so personable with excellent attention to detail! We got to experience soooo many authentic dishes and treats, see how the people of Bangkok live, visit the Grand Palace without the hassles of a huge tour group, and navigate public transportation effortlessly! We had a perfect day and I would highly recommend Tommy and this tour.
Kay (Catherine) S.