Explore the old city center of Alicante on the Mediterranean coast
World famous for its lively Bonfires of San Juan festival, Alicante is an enchanting and historic Mediterranean port city that is best explored with a private guide.
We will start the tour, taking the lift up to Saint Barbara's Castle, located on the strategic Benacantil mountain overlooking the city and sip some typical Sangria while you enjoy superb views of the bay.
For continuing with the tour we will go down walking for appearing in Sta Cruz neighbordhood in the Old Town where you will discover quiet and typical Mediterranean neighborhoods of colorful buildings and a typical way of life.
Go to the Co-cathedral of St. Nicholas of Bari, built on the remains of a mosque in the 17th century. Admire the Baroque façade of the Town Hall, and the modernist Casa Carbonell, one of the city's most striking buildings.
The Spanish boulevard or esplanade is also the place to be dazzled by more than 6 million ceramic tiles.
** All my tours are customizable, please if you have any preferences let me know
- Meeting point: Volvo Ocean's Race roundabout or Carbonell house.
- Using the lift we will go up to the castle
- Castle visit (WC available)
- Walking we will go down to the old city center (some walking is required, it's posible to go down usuing the elevator too)
- St. Nicholas Co-cathedral visit
- Baroque town hall (Sunday is closed)
- Spanish boulevard
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Carbonell House, at the Explanade
End location: Explanade or Spanish Boulevard
Duration: 3 hours
- On Monday many tourist sites are closed
A moderate walking amount is required.
- Entrance to Santa Barbara Castle
- St. Nicholas Co-cathedral
- Baroque town hall
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 € - Lift to Santa Barbara Castle.
Alicante is an affordable city, please bring with you some cash for your needs (water 1'50€ coffee 2€...)
- 5€ lift to the Castle
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Jorge was very good and took very good care of us