Explore the old city center of Alicante on the Mediterranean coastline
City on the Mediterranean coastline, with 335, 000 inhabitants. It is the capital of the Alicante's province. The Bonfires of San Juan are its most important festivities year after year are celebrated in the month of June.
We will start with a panoramic tour where we will see different intresting buildings such as: the bullring, the central market or the Stars square.
After that, In the Benacantil mountain, we will find Santa Barbara Castle, this spectacular building 166m above the sea level, with a huge strategic value because you can control all the Alicante's bay.
Second of all we will discover the typical Mediterranean neighborhood of Santa Cruz: peaceful, colourful and full of life.
In this walking tour we will find the co-cathedral, built on the remains of a mosque. The town hall administrative building in baroque style and the Carbonell House: residential palace from 1924, in modernist style.
** All my tours are customizable, please if you are a bigger group ask me!!
- Panoramic tour in the city
- Saint Barbara's Castle visit
- City center walking tour: Santa Cruz neighbordhood, Co-cathedral, town hall, Carbonell House, Explanade. . .
- End of the tour in the Explanade or at the same pick up meeting point
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Volvo Ocean's race square (where the shuttle bus stops)
End location: In the Explanade on the seaside or at the same pick up point
Duration: 4 hours
For this tour it's included a luxury a/c car or mini-van for 6 people, if you are a bigger group ask us.
- 4h Professional driver/guide. The same person will be driving and guiding in Alicante
- Luxury a/c private car or mini-van up to 6 people (driver and guide will be the same person)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 Euros - - Alicante is an affordable city, please bring with your some cash for your needs (water 1'50€ coffee 2€...)
- Any other ticket entrance not mentioned in the tour description
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Ana was a wonderful guide and we were pleased to have her in Valencia the next day as well. She fitted in well with our family as she showed us around her 'area' of Spain which makes us want to return 'one day'