A full day experience to Spinalonga and Agios Nikolaos with a private guide
You will spend this day at the Gulf of Mirabello on the Cretan Riviera. In the morning we will drive to the beautiful village of Elounda. In the harbor of Elounda the boat is waiting for you and the sea trip begins across the blue, shining bay to the Island of Spinalonga.
This former leper colony includes preserved houses and churches, and a strong Venetian influence in the form of a fortress surrounding the village. With houses and churches that are more of less well preserved, see the proof of the Venetian occupation in the form of the fortress surrounding the abandoned village.
Swim in the crystal blue water.
After returning back to Elounda we will drive to the small, charming town of Agios Nicolaos, with its quaint Harbour and supposedly "bottomless lake".
- We will meet you at your starting point.
- First, we will take a boat to the island of Spinalonga.
- Then we will visit the Harbour harbor of Elounda, where we will have free time for swimming, shopping, and lunch.
- Our third stop is the charming town of Agios Nicolaos.
- At the end, we will return to your hotel, or other arranged drop off point.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Departure from hotels in Heraklion, Amoudara, Kokkini Hani. Hersonissos, and Mallia
End location: Drop off in the same pick up point
Duration: 10 hours
Licensed Mercedes Vito 2015 with 6 seats for passengers+guide+driver. we can accommodate up to 4 travelers comfortably.
We can take up to 4 people comfortably, and 2 more with some reduced space. Please contact me for details.
- Guiding services,
- Transportation with Mercedes Vito minivan
- Boat ticket
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 euro - entrance tickets
- Entrance ticket for Spinalonga 8 euro per person. Children till 18 years old are free.
- Personal expenses, such as lunch, drinks, souvenirs, etc.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.