A stunning hike ideal for nature lovers and wildlife watchers
If you are looking for a light hiking tour away from the crowds, this would be the ideal tour for you!
Agia Irini gorge is located on the western Lefka Ori mountains and it's 7, 5km long. For an average hiker it will take about 3 hours to cross. After pick up from Chania area we head down to Agia Irini village where the gorge starts. Will hike and then drive back to Chania.
Most of the gorge is in the shade with pine and plane trees. There is a small stream which is dry in the summer so it's good to have sufficient supply of water.
Agia Irini gorge is the second best gorge to hike in Chania area if the Samaria gorge 6-hour hike is too long for you. Agia Irini is breathtaking, ideal for nature lovers and wildlife watchers.
• Pick up at Souda port, your accommodation or any other convenient location in the greater Chania area. (the earlier the better, recommend depart at 8:00).
• Arrival at Agia Irini gorge after one hour drive.
• Start of hike. Stops during the 3-hour hike and eat a light snack.
• Around noon exit the gorge and drive to Chania.
• Optionally we could stay 2 hours longer at Sougia for a swim or eat in a restaurant. Please contact me for a customized tour and a quote.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at Souda port, your accommodation or any other convenient location in the greater Chania area. If in Chania city convenient location would be in front of the municipal covered market (Agora).
End location: Drop off at Souda port, your accommodation or any other convenient location in the greater Chania area.
Duration: 7 hours
Chania to Agia Irini gorge entrance and return with private A/C car Citroen Picasso C3 (7 seats including driver).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 Euro - for snacks and drinks
• My car is a Citroen C4 Picasso, it fits 4 guests comfortably, folding back seats make room for two more (total 7 seats including driver).
• I am not licensed to guide inside museums or archaeological sites.