Something Different and Unusual (in season tour)
A different and relaxing tour of some of the more unusual sights close to the city centre. We start with a bus ride to Kildeparken (home of Europe's largest Carnival), to the unique singing trees, where we entertain ourselves listening to our favourite artists.
Making our way through Skulpturparken, we pause at architect Alvar Aalto's Art Gallery (Kunsten) before continuing onto Skovdalen (concert venue in the forest) and Aalborg Tower. Here we take the elevator to the bistro at the top to take in the fantastic, panoramic views of Aalborg & North Jutland whilst enjoying coffee & cake.
Refreshed, we wander at leisure, deeper into Mølleparken, taking in the sounds and sights of nature; Aalborg's everything-in-one park. No matter what your leisure activity this wonderful forest is its home: camping, Nordic walking, mountain biking, jogging, picnicking, athletics, exercise areas, Aalborg Zoo, Noah's Ark and a fantastic view of the Limfjord. Sadly, all too soon we have to take the bus back to the city centre.
We start our tour on a local bus to the:
- The Singing Trees. Aalborg is home to the worlds only singing trees, Based in Kilderparken, are around 90 trees planted by visiting, internationally famous, singers, orchestras, comedians, all having left their print for us to enjoy. On pressing a button at the base of the tree, a medley of that celebrity's work is played.
- At 55 m. high Aalborg Tower is a short walk away. An elevator whisks visitors 105 m (345 ft) above sea level to the bistro sitting on the top. A fantastic panorama opens up the best views of Aalborg and North Jutland for you to savour.
- Mill Park (Mølleparken) is a dense forested area on the edge of the city centre. The locals' 'everything-in-one' park, no matter what the leisure activity. It is also home to Aalborg Zoo, with animal areas designed to match their natural environment. Another children's favourite is the climbing park. Yes, Mølleparken is the perfect choice for a summer's day.
Note. . . the tower may be closed in high winds.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Suggest we meet at the head of the dancing fountains across from the John Bull Pub in ToldBod Plads, Østerågade (the heart of the city near the harbour front). A location map will be sent via email with confirmation of your booking.
End location: End location: At the meeting point. A very convenient spot for shopping streets, cafes, pubs, etc.
Duration: 3 hours
Local bus - to and from the tour start and finish points. Walking on paved areas, uneven forest paths and grass, at a pace set to suit you and give time to take in the beauty of the nature that will surround you on this tour.
My services as your private planner, organiser and guide for the tour as described, including:
- bus fares to and from our meeting/end points.
- Tower entrance, coffee & cake in the Bistro.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
150 Danish Kroner - for personal expenses (snack/beverage, souvenirs, shopping, etc.)
Note… currencies other than Danish Kroner are not normally accepted. Visa and MasterCard credit cards however, are widely accepted in shops, restaurants, taxis, etc.
Please ensure your attire and footwear are suitable for forest walking.