Find the hidden gems!
bike tour special notes:
Bike tours are subject to the weather, and may be cancelled on short notice.
In that situation, If you agree, I would suggest an alternative tour with public transportation.
Kyoto is mostly flat and a great city to get around by bike. We'll see zen gardens, local temples, picturesque back streets, eat Japanese sweets and cycle along the beautiful Kamo River. This is your chance to see a side of Kyoto that is often missed by visitors.
It is always an option for you to alter or extend the itineraries to incorporate the place you wish to go.
I, myself, may suggest modifications to take seasonal factors into consideration such as cherry blossoms/autumn colours/festivals.
What you can expect:
- Zen garden at Daitokuji temple complex
- Japanese sweets from one thousand-year-old shop.
- Cycling along the Kamo River
- Local shopping arcade
- Shimogamo-Jinja Shinto Shrine
- Other local spots hand-picked by guide
During cherry blossom/autumn colour time, an altered itinerary may be proposed to incorporate the best possible place to appreciate spring/Autumn in Japan.
Depending on bike rental situation, different itinerary with a different meeting point may be proposed.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the ticket gate of Subway Kuramaguchi Station (k05), there is only one ticket gate in the station.
End location: Subway Kuramaguchi Station (K05)
Duration: 4 hours
The duration of 4 hours includes picking up and returning bike.
Actual duration for cycling is 3.5 hours.
This is a cycling tour.
Please note that summer in Kyoto is quite intense and that the activity level will be raised to HiGH.
- The value of private tours
- Local insights by an insider of Kyoto
- Personal itinerary consultation service and tailor-maid tour
- A bottle of water
(Public transportation cost are not required)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
900 JPY - Entry fee for a Zen garden 400 yen
Bike rental fees 500-1000
- Bike rental fees: 500 yen for a standard itinerary. The range of bikes I can offer is 26 inches to 27 for a standard tour.
- Your entry fees : 750 yen per person for a standard itinerary.