an active(intensive) private tour
It is a classic 3 day shore excursion tour of St. Petersburg, tailored specially for cruise ship tourists. It includes all the highlights of the city, all the "must sees" St. Petersburg:
-most famous summer residences of Russian Royal family
-Russia's biggest museum (Hermitage)
-Unique Russian Cathedral (Of Our Savior on Spilled Blood)
- A burial place of Russian Royal Family (Peter and Paul's Cathedral)
-One of the local Russian Orthodox functioning Churches
-A metro ride (if you'd like)
-A farmer's market (if you'd like)
- The palace where mysterious Russian healer Gregory Rasputin was murdered
9. 00- Meet the guide at the ship
9. 00-15. 30- City tour with inside visits to St. Nicolas Cathedral, Peter and Paul's Cathedral (in the territory of Peter and Paul's Fortress), St. Isaac's Cathedral, Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood
- A metro ride (subway) and visit to the local farmer's market. Lunch
15. 40-16. 20- Inside visit to Yusupov Palace
17. 00- back to the ship
9. 00- Meet at the ship
9. 00-13. 30-Travel to Peterhof. Walk in the Peterhof Fountain Park and visit of the Grand Peterhof Palace (or one of the smaller Peterhof palaces). Lunch
13. 30-14. 10-Back to the city by hydrofoil
14. 30-16. 30-Hermitage Museum
17. 00-back to the ship
9. 00- Meet at the ship
9-10. 00-Drive to Tsarskoye Selo (Tsars' Village).
10. 00-11. 30-Visit to the Catherine palace.
12. 00-13. 00- Lunch
13. 20-14. 30- Inside visit to the Pavlovsk Palace (or Alexander palace instead)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the ship, inside of the port terminal holding a sign with your name on it.
End location: I will bring you back to the port, to the ship
Duration: 3 days
For the whole duration of the tour I will provide you with a private vehicle. We will probably use a hydrofoil and will do some walking
-My services as your personal tour guide
-Transportation in a private vehicle to and from the cruise ship terminal and around the city for the whole duration of the tour.
-A Permit for photo and video at the museums
-All port fees
-All local taxes
-Blanket visa (you need it to pass Russian customs)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3500 per day rubles, Cards - lunch, books, souvenirs
The main currency is rubles. At most of the places they take cards. You can also exchange US Dollars/ euros into rubles at the local banks or take rubles from your card using a local ATM.
Lunch (around 5-20 $ per person). At most of the places they take cards.