3 full days of the top hilghlights in St. Petersburg: suburbds, museums, canal tour, city life and more!
If you are lucky to have your cruise ship stay in St. Petersburg for 3 days, then this itinerary is the best way to spend them and get a totally new vision of Russia, its former capital, its people and its heritage. I will be happy to guide you through a great variety of sites as well as to help you get a feeling of city's everyday life. We will explore the center of St. Petersburg as well as its suburbs, combine art galleries, palaces and parks with fun activities such as a boat ride and visit to the local food market. You will be able to try authentic Russian cuisine in places where locals go for lunch on their work days and if you wish in the places where they go out in the evening. After 3 days in this city you will become and expert in Russian history, European arts and Russian way of living. I will be also happy to help you arrange you evning activities -e. g. dinner, ballet, concert or Folk show. You are welcome to invite your cruise mates for the tour to share the costs. Welcome!
09. 00-Meeting by ship
09. 00-14. 00-Site-seeing tour with the visit to the Peter&Paul Fortress, the Church on Spilled Blood and St. Isaac Cathedral and local food market. Shopping if desired.
14. 00-15. 00-Lunch at the local cafe
15. 30-17. 00-Visit to the Yusupoff Palace (where Rasputin was killed)
17. 30-18. 00-Arrival back to the sea port
09. 00-Meeting by the ship
09. 00-10. 30-Drive to Pushkin (Tsar's Village), visit to Nickolas Naval Cathedral on the way
10. 30-12. 00-Visit to the Catherine Palace with Amber room
12. 30-14. 00-Lunch at Podvorie restaurant (Russian Cuisine)
14. 00-15. 00-Drive to Peterhoff
15. 00-16. 30-Walk in the Park with Fountain Ensembles
16. 30-18. 00-Drive back to the port, visit to Metro (if you wish).
09. 30-Meeting at port
10. 00-11. 00-Canal ride
11. 00-12. 00-Walk along the Nevsky prospect
12. 00-13. 00-Faberge Museum
13. 00-14. 00-Lunch at local place
14. 15-16. 30-Hermitage museum (Winter Palace State rooms+classical collection)
17. 00-back to port
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you outside of the passport control by your ship. I will be holding a sign with your name on it. You ship may arrive early, there is no need to go down right away as you will loose time in a queue. I will arrive to port at 8.45
End location: We will end every day at the sea port, by your ship
Duration: 3 days
The order of the visits to the museums may vary depending on the days off.
We will be using a minibus (Mercedes Viano or Sprinter depending on a size of the group) with professional driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1 ruble - Basically, you will not need Russian cash as in most of the places where you will need to spend extra money (in cafes for lunches and if you wish to buy souvenirs) they accept credit cards. At the souvenir markets they also accept USD and euro.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Irina was without a doubt one of the best guides we have ever encountered. Tours by locals is fortunate to have her as one of their guides. Irina is a real pro. Her knowledge and organizational skills was outstanding. We would recommend her to anyone whose wants to tour St Petersburg. Her knack to get us to the front of the line at busy sites was skilfully done. This was our 2nd visit to St Petersburg. Others in our group it was their first. Irina was able to keep our interest through out.