3D2N (Private Tour) - Sepilok Orang-Utan/Gomantong Cave/River safari
The Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary lies within the vast floodplain of the Kinabatangan River - one of the longest rivers (560km) in Malaysia. At 27, 000 ha, the Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary is part of an important network of conservation areas in the lowlands of eastern Sabah.
Together with existing Forest Reserves, a natural corridor of natural vegetation links the lower tidal reaches of the river (which are fringed with mangrove forests) to the seemingly endless Forest Estates in the upper catchment of the Kinabatangan River. With a rich array of unique habitats, a diverse wildlife fauna and a rich culture and history of the Orang Sungai (in Malay, river people): the Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary is by far the most fascinating of natural protected areas in Sabah.
Visiting this area can be the most amazing experience for any nature lover.
DAY 1 - Meet and pick-up at Sandakan Airport/Hotel (at 0800am).
- Visit Gomantong Cave to see one of "world's best managed birdnest's cave".
- Check-In/lunch at a river resort/chalet in Kampong Bilit
- 4pm Kinabatangan river cruise in search of Borneo Pygmy Elephants, Orang-Utans, Proboscis monkey, Hornbills, birds and other wildlife along the river
- Return to lodge at dusk for dinner and overnight stay
**Wildlife are in its natural habitat, sightings are NOT guarantee at times.
**Night Walk - will be conducted on a clear and bright night. Weather permitting.
DAY 2 - 630am morning river cruise to an Ox-Bow lake
- Nature Jungle Walk(2hrs) to experience jungle flora & fauna
- Lunch and free at leisure
- 4pm Kinabatangan river cruise to search for wildlife
- Dinner at lodge restaurant
DAY 3 - Breakfast and check-out from lodge
- Visit Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Transfer to Sandakan Airport (afternoon flight preferred) or hotel.
- End of tour
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 days
Any affected tour schedule by weather is unpredictable. Will try the upmost best to amend or replace with other activities.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 MR - Souvenirs
Food & Drinks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We have just completed a 4 day tour with David T. He is an amazing guide, nothing is any trouble to him. He made sure we were able to see as much as possible in the time we had with him going out of his way to show us the extra bits. He is passionate about his country, the wild life , the jungle which shows in the way he carry's out his tours. Also a very generous man.His photography is superb and his knowledge like an encyclopaedia. Would highly recommend him to any traveller to Borneo. Thank you David