3D2N (Private Tour) - Sepilok Orang-Utan/Gomantong Cave/River safari
The Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary lies within the vast floodplain of the Kinabatangan River - one of the longest rivers (560km) in Malaysia. At 27, 000 ha, the Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary is part of an important network of conservation areas in the lowlands of eastern Sabah.
Together with existing Forest Reserves, a natural corridor of natural vegetation links the lower tidal reaches of the river (which are fringed with mangrove forests) to the seemingly endless Forest Estates in the upper catchment of the Kinabatangan River. With a rich array of unique habitats, a diverse wildlife fauna and a rich culture and history of the Orang Sungai (in Malay, river people): the Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary is by far the most fascinating of natural protected areas in Sabah.
Visiting this area can be the most amazing experience for any nature lover.
DAY 1 - Meet and pick-up at Sandakan Airport/Hotel (at 0800am).
- Visit Gomantong Cave to see one of "world's best managed birdnest's cave".
- Check-In/lunch at a river resort/chalet in Kampong Bilit
- 4pm Kinabatangan river cruise in search of Borneo Pygmy Elephants, Orang-Utans, Proboscis monkey, Hornbills, birds and other wildlife along the river
- Return to lodge at dusk for dinner and overnight stay
**Wildlife are in its natural habitat, sightings are NOT guarantee at times.
**Night Walk - will be conducted on a clear and bright night. Weather permitting.
DAY 2 - 630am morning river cruise to an Ox-Bow lake
- Nature Jungle Walk(2hrs) to experience jungle flora & fauna
- Lunch and free at leisure
- 4pm Kinabatangan river cruise to search for wildlife
- Dinner at lodge restaurant
DAY 3 - Breakfast and check-out from lodge
- Visit Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
- Transfer to Sandakan Airport (afternoon flight preferred) or hotel.
- End of tour
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet and Pick-up at Sandakan Airport
Flight MH 2042(0805hrs)/AK 6092(0750hrs)
Meet and Pick-up at hotel in Sandakan @ 800am
Meet & Pickup at Kota Kinabalu City at 0500am for journey overland to Kinabatangan area.
End location: Drop-Off at Sandakan Airport
(MH2047 @12:50pm / MH3094 @18:15p)/AK6097 @14:25pm)
Drop-Off at hotel in Sandakan
Follow me back to Kota Kinabalu City by journey overland and drop off in KK City
Duration: 3 days
Any affected tour schedule by weather is unpredictable. Will try the upmost best to amend or replace with other activities.
• Package includes:
- Private Tour (Not SIC - Sit in Coach tour)
- Private Transfer Overland
- English Speaking Guide
- Sepilok & Gomantong Cave Entrance fees (Cameras fee not included)
- 2 Nights Accommodation @ Bilit Area - Chalet Type (Air-Con, Hot Shower, WIFI, etc)
- Meals as stated
- Minimum 2 persons travel booking
- Based on twin/triple sharing accommodation
- Single person booking is charged as 2-persons price
- Jungle trekking x 1 time
- Night Walk x 1 time
- River cruises x 3 times
*Night Walk - will be conducted on a clear and bright night. Weather permitting.
•What to bring:
- Camera, light clothing, raincoat
- Good walking shoes, insect repellent
- Hat, sun block, handheld light / headlight, binocular
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 MR - Souvenirs
Food & Drinks
Airfare: KK-Sandakan-KK (Not Included)
Cameras & Video Equipment are subjected to admission fee in certain attraction centre
Other private or non-related tour itinerary programme
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Had a fantastic experience with our guide David. Can't praise his knowledge, professionalism and friendliness enough - he even added an extra element to the itinerary knowing that it would be of particular interest to us. His real passion for wildlife and love of guiding really helped make for a truly memorable 3 day tour.