Crete Experience in the Biggest Sites of the Island : Knossos - Heraklion- Traditional Crete - East Crete
Your tour starts with the biggest Archaeological Site of the island the Minoan Palace of Knossos and Heraklion Archaeology Museum. Then you will proceed with a Sightseeing walking tour in Heraklion historic part, visiting important Venetian and Ottoman Monuments. After lunch you will experience an hour and a half interactive session on the ancient Greek music, where you are invited to attempt to play yourselves ancient rhythms using copies of ancient Greek musical instruments.
Our second day is dedicated to traditional Crete. You will experience old folk and rural arts and crafts still practiced on Crete, such as sheep bells making, basket weaving, local cheese and honey making. Our meal will be housed at a local's house, where you are also invited to practice your cooking skills, during the lovely cooking lesson introducing you the Cretan cuisine!
On your third day, you will visit the beautiful Lassithi Plateau in East Crete, a renowned byzantine Nunnery, the Cave of Zeus and a local Pottery Workshop.
DAY 1: THE GREAT LABYRINTH TOUR
• Knossos Palace, the Labyrinth of Homer
• Archaeological Museum of Heraklion Art tour
• Heraklion Sightseeing Walking tour
• Lunch in a traditional restaurant inside the Market Street
• Afternoon Interactive Lab in Studio: The ancient Greek Music in theory and practice
DAY 2: TRADITIONAL CRETE EXPERIENCE
• Traditional village visit:Folk Art Museum, Workshops of rural crafts and handicrafts - sheep bells making, basket weaving, Byzantine Church visit + Visit a local honey workshop and a local dairy/creamery
• Local products tasting: olive oil, wine, "raki", herbal tea, honey, local cheese tasting
• Cooking Lesson at a Local's House
• Lunch at a local's house- three course traditional meal
DAY 3: LASSITHI PLATEAU AND THE CAVE OF ZEUS
• Visit of Lassithi Plateau
• Visit of Cave of of Cave of Zeus or Diktaion Andron
• The Byzantine Nunnery of Panagia Kera
• Lunch break at a local Restaurant in Psychro village
• Interactive Art: Pottery making - Visit of a Pottery Workshop
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your Heraklion Hotel or Heraklion Airport/Port
End location: Your Heraklion Hotel or Heraklion Airport/Port
Duration: 3 days
Your vehicle will be a new, modern, fully air-conditioned Premium class 7 seater Minibus with a professional driver
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 euro - Per person to cover meals and entrance tickets for the three days
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Marilina provided a great tour of Crete for we three men. From initial contact through the end of the tour her communications were timely. Her knowledge of Crete history, mythology and the island was thorough. She welcomed questions and her responses were thorough. She not only took us to historic sites to view the site but also told the story about the site that made the tour especially interesting and exciting. Marilina is personable and was a pleasure to be with throughout the 3 days. Always on time.