Enjoy the beauty and culture of the southernmost cantone of Switzerland
Historically Lucerne had always a very good bond to the south. Goods and people took their way from Italy to Lucerne and vice-versa.
You will travel by van in the footsteps of Swiss history and explore typical southern cities, picturesque seaside jewels and majestic castles.
Try from the local dishes, such as risotto, polenta or even fish from the Ticino lakes.
While it may be cold and rainy in Lucerne you could encounter another climate in Ticino. You will definitely see palm groves, lush vegetation, colorful flowers and charming lanes with ancient architecture. Good weather permitting and between spring and autumn, you can enjoy a boat trip on Lago di Lugano with great views to the steep mountains above the shore.
Ticino is worth to visit in all seasons, even for a second time!
- Bellinzona, capital of Ticino and UNESCO City with 3 Castles
- Locarno, with the most beautiful square of Switzerland and famous monastery Madonna del Sasso
- Ascona, a picturesque fishing village with medieval lanes and colorful Promenade
- Morcote, a small village with splendid location above Lago di Lugano
- Tour with the public boat from Morcote to Lugano (spring to autumn)
- Lugano, the biggest city in Ticino with the old town, lovely parks and promenade
- Tour with a public boat from Gandria to Lugano (spring to autumn).
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 2 days
We leave Lucerne on the first day at 8 am and will get back on the 2nd day around 8 pm.
Transport by Mini-Bus
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 CHF - In Restaurants and most shops you can pay the bill with Credit Card. Keep a decent amount of cash with you for entrance fees (for example Bellinzona Castle) or small items like snacks or ice-cream, etc.