Experience tea picking and tea making in the organic plantation, smell the aroma, and taste different flavors of tea.
The East Rift Valley, the so-called last untouched land in Taiwan, has promoted pesticide-free organic farming in many years, and produces many kinds of excellent quality tea, like the honey-flavored black tea after leaves are sucked by tea green leafhoppers ( Jacobiasca Formosana), Oolong Tea, Assam Black Tea, and Gaba Tea
Tea belongs to camellia family of plants. Tea bush grows only in tropical and subtropical climate.
Tea is harvested by hand, not all leaves are picked during harvesting but only a few top young and juicy leaves with a portion of the stem on which they have grown and the so-called bud
Tea, and more specifically, how you drink it, is an important part of Taiwanese local culture. Over 400 years ago, the first settlers to Taiwan from Mainland China brought with them a complex tea culture, which has only been added to and developed more by further immigration waves from Japan and the west. The result is a Taiwanese tea culture that is an intricate, social and very tasty part of local life
1. Pick up from your hotel, Hualien station, airport, or Port
2. A scenic ride on the East Rift Valley Highway 9
3. Arrive the organic farm. After the presentation from the tea master, we will transfer to the organic tea plantation area.
4. Tea plantation educational tour and hand plucking your own green tea leaves
5. Return to the tea workshop. It's time to make your own tea, learning tea pan-firing, tea rolling, and hot air drying your tea . . . . .
6. Have simple organic lunch with Tea masters and the farm staff
7. Tea ceremony, tasting your unique green tea, trying other people's tea, and tasting different kinds of organic tea.
8. Drop off at your hotel or Hualien station, airport or Port
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 8 hours
Pick up start from Hualien city
A clean and air-conditioned van, Passenger capacity for 8 pax
if travelers are more than 8. I can also customize a tour.
PRICE: 1 - 4 persons for USD 450
6 - 7 persons for USD 650
Please let me know any medical, mobility, and diet concerns in advance. Have your own
medical and travel insurance up to date for this trip.
I CAN ACCOMMODATE GROUPS RANGING IN SIZE FROM 1 TO 16. PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR A CUSTOM TOUR LINK SO THAT I CAN PRICE YOUR TOUR ACCORDINGLY
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1000 NTD - local cash purchases,
souvenirs, drink, snacks...
Larger items can be often paid by credit card.
- Personal Expenses