in the footsteps of Napoleon's Great Army at the Biarezina river and Barysaŭ old town
The trip takes you to the atmosphere of a brutal and a cold November' 1812. We'll follow the steps of the Great Army of Napoleon Bonaparte, which was almost defeated there during its passage over the river by Russian Army and. . . the weather. The world-famous episode will be completed with the visit of Barysaŭ old town, which has many "must see" sites related to its great history : churches and synagogues, Soviet and WW II monuments, memorials dedicated to the battles of 1812, a couple of small local museums, giant plants and a modern sport hall of the best football team of Belarus. . . Just let's go a hundred kilometers far away from Minsk city to see the sites of the events of the European scale, to feel the breath of the History!
- pick up at your hotel in Minsk (free) or at the airport (at a cost)
- way to Barysaŭ, approx. 1 hour. During the way I'll tell you the main things about Napoleon's campaign of 1812. Also, we'll pass by the giant industrial zone of "BELAZ" plant. I'll tell you about the world famous production.
- short sightseeing tour around Barysaŭ (its old town, modern part, Soviet monuments). Also, we could visit small local museums related to the topic of the tour. Everything takes 2-3 hours.
- lunch in a local cafe (at option)
- we'll go out of the town to visit two famous memorial complexes at the places of two main battles of November'1812 on both sides of the Biarezina river: Studzionka village and Brylieŭskaje polie.
Also, on the way, we'll see a former noble estate of the Radzivills (survived partly, under reconstruction now) visited by many celebrities in the past: Napoleon and his generals, the Romanovs (Russian royal family), Adolf Hitler. . . This part takes approx. 2, 5 hrs.
The way back to Minsk takes 1, 5
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: a lobby of your hotel (if in Minsk) or any other place in Minsk well-known for you.
End location: a lobby of your hotel (if in Minsk) or any other place in Minsk well-known for you.
Duration: 9 hours 30 min.
please, note, the duration of the tour with other options of transportation (cycling/ local trains/ local bus etc.) would be another one.
car & walking
although, there are some other options with different prices:
a) local train and cycling (long but exciting tour for experienced travelers for 14 hrs)
b) local train & walking & local bus (cheaper but slow, therefore some points would be avoided)
c) minivan or minibus & walking (more expensive cause of more seats in the transport)
the price includes full tour-guiding and transportation on a regular car with 3 seats for tourists and separate driver's service.
Please, note, the price doesn't include museums fees (visiting is at option), nither lunch at a cafe.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 2 - you'll need about 5-7 BYN for museums (at option) and about 15-20 BYN for a lunch (if needed)
museums fees, approx. 3 $ per person
lunch, approx. price at a local cafe is 8-10 $
I'm not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or arrange a car/a driver for you (the prices depend on this). Note! A separate driver is another one local person who can tell you something interesting about the country!